Wednesday 21 March 2012

POETRY: 16) Tears Of Thanks To My Mother


 So Many Tears From Thanking You
( written in 2006)

Before this year shall bid farewell,
I'd like to thank you - one more time -
To let you know I love you so,
O' dearest Mother mine;
Your love, o' Mother dear, is worth
A swim across the river Nile,
And a climb to Mount Everest -
Before your very eyes.

My hugging you - can't be compared
With what you did when I was young;
You nourished me, and nurtured me,
And taught with your Wisdom -
Your scolding me, and warnings, were
But signs of Love which I've learnt from;
O' Mother dear, I thank you so -
For all that you have done.

I thank you for the days and nights -
You've spent with me when I was weak,
For the shelter you've blest me with,
Which many hearts still seek.
And thank you - for all the loving
Words you said when my hours were bleak,
And for your efforts in ridding
Me - of my woes and Grief.

O' Mother dear, I thank you too
For being a great friend of mine;
For helping me guide my once lost
Soul - towards God Divine.
Your love, o' Mother dear, is worth
Diving more than a thousand times -
In my sea of tears, from thanking
You, o' dearest Mother mine.

Miriam / Mariam Mababaya [Copyright 2006]

No comments:

Post a Comment

(( C O M M E N T S ARE WELCOME ))

(( if you have studied at any of these schools, please let me know? AL-ROWAD SCHOOL, Middle East International School, WAMY youth, Daar Adh-Dhikr or Daar Az-Zikr, Manarat Ar-Riyadh Schools ))

(( if you intend to insult, you don't have to comment because by doing that you'll only be earning more sins on your account of bad deeds ))