Wednesday 21 March 2012

POETRY: 1) Apology 2) Contemplation


1) Apologizing

To every Muslim I know and don’t know,
Whom I have offended in any way:
I’m sorry if there’s anything I owe,
Or if I’ve ever hurt you by mistake,

I’m sorry for any problem I caused,
For any arguments – if we did have –
Please forgive my forgetfulness and flaws,
Forgive if at you I have ever laughed,

I’m sorry if what I did I meant it –
If I did not mean it, I’m sorry too –
I’m sorry I acted like a ‘dimwit’,
Sorry to those I know and never knew.

Forgive – likewise, Allah will forgive you.
Forgive me please. May Allah forgive you too.

Ameen.

Miriam / Mariam Mababaya

2) Contemplation / Thoughts

When you find yourself alone, sit and think.
Be calm, knowing that God is by your side.
Let your soul question, and your ego shrink.
Ask yourself questions – with answers that guide –

All that you did since you were born till now,
Were most of them good? Done to please Allah?
Can they save you on Judgment Day somehow?
Or do you still need to go very far?

What good deed can you do to please Allah?
Are the intentions of your deeds all clean?
How do you share your knowledge of Islam?
Is some of your ‘pride’ affecting your deen?

More questions like these should be asked each day –
For Allah’s guidance we must contemplate.

Miriam / Mariam Mababaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

(( C O M M E N T S ARE WELCOME ))

(( if you have studied at any of these schools, please let me know? AL-ROWAD SCHOOL, Middle East International School, WAMY youth, Daar Adh-Dhikr or Daar Az-Zikr, Manarat Ar-Riyadh Schools ))

(( if you intend to insult, you don't have to comment because by doing that you'll only be earning more sins on your account of bad deeds ))