Wednesday 21 March 2012

POETRY: 3) To my loving Mom 4) To my loving Dad



3) To My Loving Mom, who Took Care of Me

To my loving mom, who took care of me,
Who brought me to earth with help from Allah:
Thank you for teaching me correct belief,
For educating me about Islam.

Thank you for the food you cooked everyday,
Thank you for feeding when I was younger,
For the busy nights when you stayed awake –
To care for me when in grief or hunger,

Thank you for the knowledge you shared with me –
About Islam, and life, and growing up –
For all that you made with your sewing machine,
For advising me on what I should stop.

Thank you, mother, for taking care of me;
May Allah bless you with Heaven’s entry.

Miriam / Mariam Mababaya

4) Some Words of Thanks to My Father who Cared

Some words of thanks to my father who cared,
Who also cared for me and my brothers:
Thank you for all those food you loved to share,
And for loving us, as did our mother.

Thank you for the money you used to pay
For our lunch at school, which you earned from work.
Thank you for driving me to school on those days,
And for helping me out with my homework.

Thank you, father, for proving that you cared,
For trying to fulfill our wants and needs –
When I was ill for trying to be there,
For the advice you wanted me to heed.

Thank you for loving, mother and father;
I pray that in Heaven we’ll meet each other.

Miriam / Mariam Mababaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

(( C O M M E N T S ARE WELCOME ))

(( if you have studied at any of these schools, please let me know? AL-ROWAD SCHOOL, Middle East International School, WAMY youth, Daar Adh-Dhikr or Daar Az-Zikr, Manarat Ar-Riyadh Schools ))

(( if you intend to insult, you don't have to comment because by doing that you'll only be earning more sins on your account of bad deeds ))