Wednesday 21 March 2012

POETRY: 10) SubhanAllah 11) Dear God (Allah) Please Forgive


10) Glory Be to Just One God

SubhanAllah – Glory be to Allah –
Glory be to Allah who created –
The lands, the mountains, and flowing rivers,
The skies and planets He decorated.

Glory be to Allah who made the moon,
Shine at night and change to many phases.
SubhanAllah – God’s signs are in us too –
Humans with various heights, looks and voices.

SubhanAllah – see how God made us all,
And all the things that surround us on earth –
From tiny atoms to high waterfalls,
And feelings of creatures like fear and mirth.

Glory be to Allah who owns all Glory –
SubhanAllah – how God made you and me.

Miriam / Mariam Mababaya


11) Dear God, Please Forgive

AstaghfurAllah – O’ Allah, forgive –
Forgive all my mistakes – the big and small –
AstaghfurAllah – as long as I live –
Please forgive me too when I leave this world –

The sins I did when I did intend them,
The sins I did which I thought were okay,
The sins that I did again and again –
AstaghfurAllah for all those mistakes.

O’ Allah, I am human – imperfect –
Prone to committing mistakes everyday.
The sins I did wrongly I do regret –
For Your forgiveness, O’ Allah, I pray.

“AstaghfurAllah” every day and night
For the wrongs I did when I wasn’t right.

Miriam / Mariam Mababaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

(( C O M M E N T S ARE WELCOME ))

(( if you have studied at any of these schools, please let me know? AL-ROWAD SCHOOL, Middle East International School, WAMY youth, Daar Adh-Dhikr or Daar Az-Zikr, Manarat Ar-Riyadh Schools ))

(( if you intend to insult, you don't have to comment because by doing that you'll only be earning more sins on your account of bad deeds ))