Sunday 26 February 2012

POETRY: We Used To Live In Saudi Arabia


In the Name of Allah,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful



We used to live in Saudi Arabia –
For many years that only God can tell –
Then we moved to where I sense nostalgia,
Reminding me of where I used to dwell.

Old memories I still find in my heart
Of the place where my childhood was first born –
From school and other things I had to part,
Like some furniture, books, and clothes I’d worn.

It saddens me to think of what I’ve left,
And then a new lesson I realize –
That when you rise on the Day of Judgment,
You’d think that only one day you survived.

So live your life – as though it is a dream –
To wake up pleased with what you’ve done and seen.


Miriam / Mariam Mababaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

(( C O M M E N T S ARE WELCOME ))

(( if you have studied at any of these schools, please let me know? AL-ROWAD SCHOOL, Middle East International School, WAMY youth, Daar Adh-Dhikr or Daar Az-Zikr, Manarat Ar-Riyadh Schools ))

(( if you intend to insult, you don't have to comment because by doing that you'll only be earning more sins on your account of bad deeds ))